Please note that the main switchboard number will be closed on Thursday lunchtimes 1pm to 2pm. There will be an alternative number to call in an EMERGENCY during this telephone closure. The building remains open and the front reception desk will be manned during this time.
The surgery closes once a month on a Tuesday from 1pm until 8am the following day for training. Emergency cover is provided during this period. An appointment system is operated at all times.
Changes to telephone options
Changes to telephone options: Please note that from Thursday 1st January 2015 the ordering of prescriptions via the telephone will no longer be available. There are a number of alternative methods for you to order your prescription:
- If you have access to the internet you can request your prescription via Systm Online - please speak to reception staff for more details
- If you have access to a fax machine you can fax your request to us on 01924 412890
- You can send your request via the post enclosing a stamped addressed envelope for us to return the prescription to you
- Alternatively you can fill in a prescription request form at the reception desk
- Requesting/cancelling/changing appointments - 8am til 6pm
- Requesting test results and any other enquiries - 11am til 6pm
The practice relocated to new purpose built premises in July 2010, conveniently located in the centre of Heckmondwike. The building is shared with another practice, although we remain completely separate, and we occupy the ground floor.
The new building offers modern, spacious facilities enhanced by plenty of on-site parking and an attached pharmacy, and allows us to expand the range of services available from the surgery staff.
GP Extended Access
Evening and weekend appointments now available
Patients can now see a local GP for routine appointments on weekday evenings and at weekends.
Pre-bookable and on-the-day appointments are available between 6.30pm and 9.30pm each weekday, with additional slots available on Saturdays from 9am and 4pm and Sundays 9am and 1pm.
The scheme starts in August when evening and weekend appointments will be available for any patient registered with a GP in North Kirklees. The appointments will be available in Dewsbury Health Centre.
How to book an evening or weekend appointment
There are ‘pre-bookable’ and ‘on-the-day’ appointments which can be accessed through our Patient Liaison Team, or by calling the free NHS 111 phone line out of normal working hours.
Online patient services
Avoid the queue – Once you have a login and password set up by reception staff you can order your repeat prescriptions, book and cancel appointments on-line by clicking the buttons below